Thursday, May 17, 2012

Musical Shapes

The weather is nice outside, and even though we love outdoors...sometimes the same toys and scenery gets "boring" for the kids.  So, I've put on my thinking cap (and searched pinterest, too) to add some variety to our outdoor playtime.
A couple weeks ago, Stella found this princess CD player...the perfect tool for my musical shapes!
I demonstrated to her how to play the game...jump to a shape, skip around the shapes, walk, etc.  then when the music stops...you stop!  Then...you tell me what shape you are on!

She loved this, and even asked to do it again a few days later. :)
make it easy:  musical shapes, color shapes
make it hard:  musical letters: say the letter, say the sound of the letter
musical numbers:  identify the number or add 1 to the number you land on...so many possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment